You are not alone.
Support and information for people bereaved by suicide.
24 Hour crisis support for StandBy – Gold Coast 1300 727 247
The StandBy Service stands by families, friends, and associates impacted by suicide, providing respect, understanding and support for their health and well-being.
Our service is available to you regardless of when your loss occurred.
Who we aim to help:
- People bereaved by suicide including individuals, families, friends, associates, witnesses, communities, schools and workplaces.
The StandBy Coordinator can:
- Talk with you over the phone
- Sit with you, your family or friends at your place or somewhere else when it suits you
- Help you decide what sort of help you would like for yourself, family or group
- Explain how you can help your family or friends
- Talk with you about what the Police and other organisations do after a suicide
- Assist you to access other services
How much does StandBy cost?
StandBy is a free and confidential service.
About Social Futures
For over 40 years Social Futures has been a trusted not-for-profit personal welfare service provider, motivated by a vision of reducing the impact of social isolation and inequality in urban, regional and remote communities of Australia. Our purpose is to create positive social change through the delivery of personal welfare services working in partnership with individuals, families, communities, governments, and the broader sector. Find out more www.socialfutures.org.au